Learn how to change the color of your objects
By default, you can select a Sprite Object or an Animation Object and change its color, but if you try to change the color of a Text Object it won’t work. The reason is that, before making a color change you have to select the right target. On the Editor left, you have the Tab Color, inside you have a section Choose with 6 options.
- Sprite : This option allows you to change the color of any object containing a Sprite. This means Sprite Objects, Animation Objects, Meshed Sprite and Meshed Animation
- Canvas : This option allows you to change the Canvas color. Remember that the Game World and each of your Game Screen have their own Canvas color.
- Layer : This option allows you to change the color of all Objects in a Layer at the same time. The Objects and be a Text Object or an Object containing a Sprite.
- Grid : This option allows you to change the color of the current Grid. The Game World and each of your Game Screens have their own Grid.
- Text : This option allows you to change the color of a Text Object
- Text Outline : If your Text Object has an outline thickness, then this option allows to change the outline color.
Sliders & Spinners
The Color Picker is the most powerful tool for color selection. You can find it at the bottom of the Editor, on top of the Log View. With the Color Picker you have four (4) ways for choosing a color
- Visually with the mouse
- Using RGBA (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) system
- Using HSVA (Hue, Saturation, Value, Alpha) system
- Using Hexadecimal system